Thursday, February 8, 2007

Day 4

Here I am galloping to the last minutes of my fourth full day of fasting. Last night, at last, I had good sleep. And today, though I was hungry, was by far the easiest day so far. As I was saying yesterday, you need about 3 days to get into this thing. I think that's the point where your digestive system shuts down, and your stomach and innards no longer expect to be breaking down and pushing along solid food.

We just had a wonderful time of visiting and praying with probably the most dynamic Greek Christian worker in the country, Elias Armenis. He has been reaching out to drug addicts and homeless in central Athens' Omonia square for the last 25 years or so. Every summer he organizes a team and goes out to various regions and islands of Greece doing open air outreach. Zoe and I met on his outreach to the Western Islands, the "Eptanisia," during the summer of '99, during which Elias had me do the sketchboard as sort of an appendix to his nightly meetings. He is one of the few workers in this country who has a genuine anointing from the Lord to do his work.

We'll be helping him this summer with personal and sketchboard evangelism as well as video work, as he will be in our area of northern Greece. Elias has a web site which can be found here.

No comments: