Saturday, February 3, 2007

Yuck

I haven't been feeling too hot the last couple days. I've had a constant low-level headache (probably caffeine withdrawal). No energy, and not really looking forward to this fast. I know what a job it is, so I don't have illusions as to how I'll be feeling the next 4 weeks or so. It's funny- I feel as if I'm already fasting without actually fasting. That's a first. The last time I fasted for longer than a day was 12 days in January of '04. My intention then was to fast for 30-40 days. I did the same diet change I'm doing now, and I remember how easy the first few days were because I had eaten mostly vegetables and fruit in the days before I started.. I stopped because I felt I was coming down with a bug, and wanted to be able to fight it.

Anyway, that's why I'm blogging this- so I can benefit from prayer.

I would say that I'm around 30 pounds overweight. One of the benefits of long-term fasting, a friend of mine who has done 40-day fasts twice says, is that it changes your attitude toward food. I need an attitude change toward food.

Tomorrow will be my last day of solid food, and then it's on to liquids.

No comments: